Wednesday, October 08, 2008

A night with the Vinyl Cafe......

So I went to the theatre tonite to see Stuart McLean and the Vinyl Cafe. If you ever listen to CBC, you are well aware of Stuart McLean. For those who don't ....it's a worth while listen....CBC Radio 2 at 10 am on Saturdays...and CBC Radio 1 at 12 Noon on Sundays. Don't ask me where Radio two and Radio one are....they are different for each region....I do know that in the Lower Mainland, Radio 2 is 105.7...not sure of Radio one though....

The show was wonderful.....down home clean humour and lots of laughter and good times....and good Canadian musicians. I am going to now look for CD's by Dala ...and Daniel Michelle....both excellent. Dala is two ladies who have performed together since high school and Daniel Michelle is a funky fellow...interesting guitar licks and lyrics in his songs. Anyways...it was a good evening...and we topped it off with a glass of wine at home...relaxing.

One can be a real people watcher at these events though.....a couple of things I observed.....
...a three generation group .....2 very large ladies, one a mother, one a daughter and one very small grandmother....who as it turned out was 92. She sat between them almost dwarfed...which begged the question......where did the largeness come from???? She was postively tiny....but enjoying herself immensely. Interesting...hmmmmm. Ok...I know one could think of that as being not very nice picky....but...I'm big...I can do that..:-)
The other thing is listening to people around you.....sometimes you just want to butt in and correct or dispute...or just join in the conversation...but you don't. You just listen...and then wait until the end of the show to see who on earth was saying what was said.....!!
I also wonder about men with toupees....There was such a man sitting behind us. It wasn't attractive..it was very obviously a toupee....so why does he wear it. I'm sure there are number of reasons, probably all very sound and appropriate...but when it looks so atrocious....hmmm...what was his wife thinking!!! Ok...I'll take a shot for that too..

Anyways...all in all a good evening.....

So I have a post up and coming regardng my Holey Soles obsession.....pictures and all!!!
...and hopefully I will get that done tomorrow....before we are.....

.....off to Victoria on Friday morning EARLY.

I can't wait to see T&D...even if it's only for a short time....I miss them so much....
I so miss my kids and their sig. others......they are all so very dear to me......and I am in a constant state of "awe" at how they are progressing and dealing with "life" . So much better than I did.....but then times were different then.....at least that's my excuse!!

Ok, I have had two glasses of wine....and I will get positively maudlin if I don't watch it. ...but hey....I'm a mom...what can I say.

As I look at my mommy cat peering out at me from her present location in the paper shelf in the computer room, it occurs to me that I am making far too many typos and it's time for bed.....

So....off to read a few pages of Anne Lamott....and then ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ......one can only hope!!

Slainte!!

No comments: