Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Coming up for air.....gasp!!

I have spent the last little while, buried in my workshop, surfacing this past weekend to play a concert with the KSO. However, I am buried again and I have finally sorted out a few things.
  • a refurbished design for my table at the craft fair this weekend. Suffice to say it involves a vase with branches, berries, and lots of glue...oh...and a basket with rocks and moss.....and 2 tableclothes, a Christmas table runner with tassels and a lovely crystal bowl engraved with First Nations artwork....and a lazy Susan. Now that should get the imaginations working overtime!! I will post a picture after the craft fair, as I plan to get my mate to take pics of it for posterity!!!
  • I have taken stock and have a good many ornaments of the Nutfolkery variety that are on pedestals or clamp to tree branches.....so I am presently making more of the hanging variety. (You know....to hang on those branches in the vase...with the berries and the glue..in the basket with the rocks and moss.....etc. etc. etc....?). After I get all the ornaments done, I plan having my mate take pics for my Picture Trail page...so I will mention here when the new pics are posted. Hopefully it won't be long.
  • I will work tomorrow and Thursday and then leave Friday for getting things organized and in order...and packed up. Whatever is left undone on Thursday night will remain undone. I have learned over the years that last minute late night projects invariably NEVER sell and were a waste of time and energy not to mention the lack of sleep involved. I have been averaging around 4-5 hours or more of work daily... spread throughout the day and evening (I even have my TV shows on in my workshop ....thanks to the travelling offspring...and yes, I do watch some of them....although I can listen a lot and figure out what's going on without watching).
So....I blog tonite to say that although I haven't blogged for a while, I plan on making observations of my craft fair experiences after the weekend. I will be glad when it's all done....I'm tired and I want to just be able to sit and read for a while without feeling that I have to rush downstairs and start working. Don't get me wrong, I love what I do.....but as it gets closer to show time....it gets more stressful....one never feels that enough is done.

So I'm finished for tonite and I will be down tomorrow morning to start again.

Off to the teapot!!!

Slainte!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds so fun! I wish I could be there too to help out with everything. I hope all goes well and I look forward to the pics :)