Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Pain, Pain go away......(in a whining mode)

For about 2 years now, I have been routinely taking 2 Tylenol Arthritis every morning for pain, both FM and arthritis pain. I have to take it on an empty stomach because of the way it works....apparently.....so ....as soon as I get up, I take it, along with a Glucosamine supplement.

Today was one of those days, (I'm sure most of us have had them) where you have to fast from 10pm in order to have a blood test at 8am (or later). So I packaged up my pills to take before we had brekkers at Denny's after the bloodletting. Needless to say, I forgot to take them....thereby causing me to wait until my stomach tells me it's empty....(you know...that aching, growly feeling) before I can take the pills again.

We decided to do some errands while we were out....Save On (for prescription drop off) Costco, Home Hardware and then back to Save On (for prescription pick-up) and shopping.

It has been a long time since I had forgotten to take my pills in the morning, but it has happened and I've managed ok. However....this morning, it hit home just how debilitated I have become without the Tylenol. By the time we reached home again, I was moving VERY slowly, with a cane, wincing, and generally in total agony from shoulder to foot.

If there is ANYTHING that will encourage me to keep changing my lifestyle and losing weight etc., etc., etc., it should be the memory of this morning. It MUST get better, because, quite frankly, it can't get any worse.....or maybe it can.....but maybe the wording is MUST NOT get any worse.

So, I will take the pills shortly and then life will improve markedly

Here endeth my whine....

Slainte!

No comments: