Wednesday, March 12, 2008

An inspiring story....

I have a favourite celebrity site....Rosie.com.....Rosie O'Donnell's website and blog. It's a source of humour, information, music, art and any number of other things.

I mention this because recently she talked about a site that she had discovered called Ted.com. Now I haven't explored it fully yet, I intend to do that before too long, but tonight I specifically went there to watch a video of Jill Bolte Taylor, a neuroanatomist (read brain scientist), who, eight years ago, had a massive stroke and remembered every minute of it.... Her talk about the brain, how it functions and the experience of feeling hers slowly deteriorating is so worth listening to....

So ....if you have a spare 18 minutes...please do so. It makes fascinating and inspiring listening.

Slainte!

No comments: