Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Loneliness......

OK....so this morning, I was feeling, for some reason, a little "off".
It occurred to me that the problem was that I was lonely.....
Now, I'm not one who usually admits to loneliness....or even actually feels lonely. I'm pretty good with my own company. I mean, give me a good book, computer, french horn, music, and a cup of tea and I'm good to go. So....it was a surprise to me when it dawned on me that I was actually lonely this morning. I did mention to DH this morning that I found that August was going incredibly slowly.....dragging almost.
So I figured the reason for this attack of loneliness was as follows. At the particular moment I was feeling like this, everyone that is important in my life was away from me. DH was at work, my two brothers are away, one in Ireland until the 27th and one down on the coast until the 18th, both of my kids are on the coast, one on the island, one in Abbotsford and all my friends are down on the coast as well. We don't have a lot of...well actually we don't have ANY close friends in Kamloops.
Now I'm not whining....I mean, I talked to my daughter yesterday and my son on Sunday and of course DH has been home. It's just at this particular moment, I was feeling somewhat bereft.....
It will pass, as these things do....
In the meantime I will tackle the stove top (very messy..) and make a list of things I should do.....possibly do some gardening (although that's at the bottom of the list). That should keep me busy until it's time to go pick up DH and ....Lord be praised!!...my laptop from the computer store. It will all be good.....soon.
But.....August IS really going slowly....too much exciting stuff happening at the end I guess....hard to wait!!
Slainte!!

No comments: