Sunday, January 20, 2008

Good News and Bad News ( for me)

So to start off....it seems that so far my beloved aunt has fought off the dreaded Norwalk Virus....thank goodness. I phoned yesterday and she seemed to be on the mend. I shall check tomorrow. Hopefully we will be able to get down to the coast the week after next to see her in person.

Another blog topic....
Today, I got on the scales and horror of horrors, I have exceeded the amount that I swore that I would never exceed again and those that know me well, will know what that amount is. So the question that occurs to me (as to many others in the same predicament I'm sure) why is this?
Why, when you know that you are well overweight and you know what you have to do...why can't you do it???
For years, I have asked myself that question, and for years, I have come up with varied answers.....not ready.....it's someone else's fault.....I'm depressed....and on and on....well, it's all a load of cr*p. It all boils down to the fact that I just haven't managed to motivate myself enough to take on this huge commitment to eating properly for an extended length of time...i.e. the rest of my life!!

So the question remains....what can one do to motivate oneself??? What can deter the creeping hand into: the cookie jar, the fridge (and many varied cheeses), the (drool..)biscotti..(bad bad Costco!!), and anything else that appeals at the time. For me...it's all about the SNACKING!!!

There's a bigger issue going on here and I haven't quite figured it out. It's all about the whys and wherefores of eating habits and how to change them....but then again, isn't that usually the way of things with weight control?? To be quite frank, the only person that would understand this whole problem is one who has to deal with it too. Even doctors don't really understand...I mean, how can they, when I don't understand it myself....sigh.

I have yet to come up with a definitive solution, but it's a cause for concern and one that needs to be addressed.....sooner than later!!

In the meantime, I'm going to try to keep myself busy and well watered to shave off the few pounds over the (shudder!!) upper limit so I can at least start from an even number......:-)

Slainte!!

No comments: