Friday, January 11, 2008

Music and ice roads......

Well, I'm in the middle of a double concert weekend with rehearsals starting at 4 this afternoon and then again at 7:30 tonite and then 1 pm tomorrow with concerts tomorrow night and Sunday afternoon. We had rehearsals on Wednesday night and last night as well. It's a good concert....with the Viennese theme...a soprano and a tenor and lots of Viennese waltzes and operetta music to celebrate the New Year. This type of concert is fun to do because it's the type of music I grew up with. My dad used to sing a lot of the operetta stuff and either myself or my brother accompanied him on the piano...so there are lots of memories flying through my head this weekend.

I am coming to terms with the fact that our son is going to drive a truck on the Ice Roads in the Northwest Territories at the end of this month. I'm finding, as usual, that the name of the game is more information and less worry. Consequently I have been perusing sites about ice road trucking, studiously avoiding anything that relates to the History Channel series about same. For those that know me, I know that's a change, and a positive one at that.....but now I'm finding I prefer to read the real information, statistics etc....rather than a sensationalized version of it.
In any case, I did find a site that has a map of the route they'll be taking and updates on the road conditions ....so I expect I shall be following that assiduously. I'm still concerned and worried, but more a normal worry than "freaking out" worry. So I guess that's a good thing.

Next week I shall hopefully be getting into some sort of routine around here. I really need to get into my workshop and make use of my new art supplies and books. I will be starting back swimming again, all going well, and hopefully that will be an incentive for further progress.

For now though....it's lunchtime!!!

Slainte

No comments: