Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Problem solved and the music begins.....

I am feeling like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders this morning.....

I finally got my new MP3 player to work with my laptop. I guess it pays to peruse various and sundry forums about the offending software. In actual fact, it was not the software that was the problem....it was Windows Media Player. I had to re-install WMP 11 again...and voila!! I have since uploaded 5 CD's and will do more as time permits. I am so looking foward to this....a chance to hear all my glorious music on the run so to speak!!

I'm finding that my tastes in music are expanding somewhat as I get older. I have always been rather eclectic in my musical tastes, with the emphasis being on classical music, however, lately I have been checking out new CD's by artists that I've never considered before. Joni Mitchell, Annie Lennox, and Celine Dion. I even have heard some music of Amy Winehouse that intrigues me....

I think I'm looking for music that inspires and expands the mind and music that makes me raise my arms and go YESSS!!! There's also the music that makes me do a "happydance"...or in my case .."a stilted hardly moving the legs but moving the arms around madly and jerking the upper body happydance". I have also developed a taste for Irish and English folk music, John Tamm being a new discovery. If you've ever watched the Sharpe series on PBS, he's the one who sings "Over the hills and far away" ....just a great natural voice. It's all fun and now with the MP3 player I can keep the music flowing!!

But....the fact that I solved the problem with the laptop makes me feel incredibly pleased with myself. It was frustrating....but now it's done there's a bit of "the little train that could" feeling to it. This is how I react when I solve a problem with the computer.....childish..maybe, giddy..maybe, but nevertheless.. a deserved kudo to me :-)

Slainte!!

1 comment:

T. said...

Yay! Glad you got it working :-)